Our ambition is for an empowered and enabled African Sports ecosystem that works in an efficient and rewarding manner for those who put in the long hours and hard yards to make a brighter future for themselves and their sport. That is possible in every other part of the globe, so why not here, on the African continent?
We – fans and professionals alike – have been let down by a failed professional sports system as follows:
- Broadcast – too few satellites, too expensive for mass Live broadcast, cosy deals for pay TV, no advertising support (reasons below)
- Advertising – gate keeping, buddy systems, loss of value to the corporates.
- National TV – cosy deals with advertisers, loss of value, loss of viewership.
- Journalism – “brown envelope” system has destroyed credibility and high-end journalism.
- Government interference causing further weakness in all of the above. Too little support for sports professionals.
SPNAfrica is here to help change all the above – and add value back into the system.
BUT we need solid foundations. So, our first “pillar” helps us think critically – high quality (well written, independent and accurate) sports news – SPNAfrica News (www.spnafricanews.com)
- Our aim is to provide trustworthy, up to the minute information on African sport and the sports ecosystem, alongside quality images and informed journalism that will engage and delight our readership – adding value to their day.
Another pillar is Live content. We believe that your local, national-league team games should be available to you, real-time for every weekday and weekend match – no matter where you are in Africa. With quality images and informative and entertaining commentary and supporting stats, we want to make that a reality. We have great streaming partners and there’s no reason why we shouldn’t also start streaming your local community and university sport events – so engage with us and get on our calendar!
Then, we provide the expertise that is all too often lacking in the business of sports: internationally experienced rights negotiators to help you understand:
- the rights sales system,
- the value of your sports property and how to grow value
- how to negotiate deals (we can do this on behalf of rights holders, too).
Lastly, we partner with leagues, teams and even individuals to provide a content and fan-engagement platform (digital “channels”), with top-of-the line social media strategies and [our partner is a top Euro football provider] analytics.
What have we missed out?
OH – EVENTS, PRO Listings, VENUES, STATS, PROFILES, ADVICE, SEMINARS, and all the many other items that make a sports ecosystem so very engaging.
SPNAfrica. We’re here for you… a Home for the African Sports Fan.
Feel free to judge us.
- The SPNAfrica team.